Groupon is a discount sales website that connects visitors with special deals offered only through the website[+]. Before viewing deals, you will be connected with the nearest major city or hub for deals. The Groupon website auto-detects your location or asks for a zip code to find nearby deals. Once logged in you can change your location to find deals in other major areas.
Groupon Headquarters Info
Groupon’s headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois just east of the Chicago River North Branch near the corner of Chicago Avenue and North Larrabee Street. Groupon started business in Chicago, the location of the company headquarters, in November 2008. Over the next few years, Groupon deals expanded beyond Chicago, picked up steam as the business spread to major markets and smaller cities. Despite early predictions that the website would fail, but 2011 it was estimated that Groupon was worth more than $1.6 billion.
Groupon Headquarters 600 W. Chicago Ave. Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone Number: 1-312-676-5773
- Email: http://investor.groupon.com/contactus.cfm
- Website: http://groupon.com or http://groupon.com/press/
Customers can also connect with Groupon headquarters on various social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus and LinkedIn.
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/groupon
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Groupon
- GooglePlus: http://plus.google.com/106361739219205932543/posts
- LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/company/groupon
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/groupon
Groupon Headquarters Executive Team
As of October 2013, the leaders[+] at Groupon headquarters included:
- Eric Lefkofsky – Chief Executive Officer
- Jason Child – Chief Financial Officer
- Karl Raman – Chief Operating Officer
Groupon Headquarters Brands
Though Groupon does not sell items under company brand names, they do operate separate websites for businesses who want to partner with Groupon headquarters and a grassroots website aimed at helping people in the community.
- GrouponWorks: The GrouponWorks website[+] is dedicated to businesses who want to use Groupon as a means of promoting and marketing a business.
- Groupon Grassroots: Groupon Grassroots[+] is a unique website where people can start campaigns to collect money for community projects. Past projects have funded abuse shelters, helped distribute winter jackets to children in need and provided mattresses to families without the funds to purchase mattresses for their home.
Groupon continues to expand business with the recent purchase of the Blink application. Blink connects customers with extremely last minute deals on hotels. The company is currently operational only in European countries, but customers have access to last-minute deals from more than 2,000 hotels.